MetaTrader Multiterminal is an attractive addition to the regular MetaTrader 4 platform. So what is it for and how does it work?
Trading platform is one of the most vital things in forex trading. It allows traders to execute buy and sell orders, analyze price movements from the chart, modify orders with stop loss and take profit, as well as monitor the trades from time to time. Among the many options that exist today, MetaTrader still tops the chart as the most popular and commonly used platform for forex trading.
Millions of traders worldwide choose MetaTrader 4 and 5 because they're user-friendly, highly accessible, and offer comprehensive trading features. In short, the platform is suitable for most traders regardless of their country or level of expertise.
Due to its high popularity, most of the new products and innovations launched by MetaQuotes (the company behind MetaTrader) usually receive great responses from the trading community. Apart from MetaTrader 4 (MT4) and MetaTrader 5 (MT5), did you know that there's an interesting version of MetaTrader platform called the MetaTrader Multiterminal?
Although it has been launched even before the MetaTrader WebTrader and is provided in some forex brokers, not many traders know about the platform. What exactly are the differences between the common MetaTrader platform and the MetaTrader Multiterminal?
Introducing MetaTrader Multiterminal
As the name suggests, MetaTrader Multiterminal allows its users to manage multiple accounts in one platform, which is particularly useful for account managers and for traders that own and work with many accounts simultaneously. In a nutshell, it offers great functionality that allows effective trading with multiple accounts and with high usability.
Furthermore, the significant difference between the standard platform and the multiterminal is the ability to simultaneously trade on up to 128 real accounts or 10 demo accounts on the same server. Apart from that, there are also a few other differences. For instance, MetaTrader Multiterminal doesn't offer charts, expert advisors, scripts, and indicators. It's also not available in mobile or web version.
The Purpose of Multiterminal Platform
As we have mentioned above, MetaTrader Multiterminal is particularly helpful for account managers who manage several trader accounts and trading positions at once. As a result, MetaTrader Multiterminal is often referred to as Multi-Account Managers (MAM).
Account managers usually work under the Percentage Allocation Management Module (PAMM) programs which allow traders to work together and invest their money in desired proportion to be managed by money managers of their choice. Therefore, an account manager needs to be able to manage several accounts of his clients or investors who entrust their funds to him. Such program essentially offers mutual benefits both for managers and investors, as the manager will earn additional income from the commissions whereas the investor will get their account handled by pros so they don't have to bother with the difficulties of managing their own accounts.
Moreover, there are many notable benefits that you can get from using MetaTrader Multiterminal:
- The interface is similar to the regular MetaTrader 4, making it relatively easy to navigate.
- It can accommodate more than 100 trading accounts.
- It provides all of the essential basics of a trading platform, including order executions and allows traders to monitor and modify their open positions as well as pending orders from multiple accounts at once.
- It shows price quotes and updated news in real-time.
- When submitting an order request, positions are instantly opened across all accounts connected to a single Multiterminal. Thus, it allows manager and investor transactions to be executed automatically.
- Traders can set the size of their trades on each account separately.
- It provides detailed statistics of every trading position and the trader has complete control over the transactions in every account connected to the Multiterminal.
Lot Allocation System
Lot allocation system is another great feature of MetaTrader Multiterminal. It basically allows users to customize the distribution of trading volume among different trading accounts. So in each trade, users must specify the size of the trade for each account. Thus, investors who have a different risk calculation from the manager can adjust their trading positions individually. In this case, the platform provides 5 types of capital allocation, namely:
- Predefined volume: this option allows the manager to manually determine the trading volume of each account. Users should only double-click the "Volume" button and fill in the number of lots desired.
- Total volume for each order: This allocation method will automatically set the total volume used in each order. If you define a value of 0.3 lots and own 3 trading accounts, then an order of 0.3 lots will be opened for each trading account. This is similar to the Lot Allocation Management Module (LAMM) in the forex investment schemes.
- Equal parts: In this case, the number of lots allocated to each order is divided equally. For example, if you wish to open a total lot of 1 lot and own 2 accounts, then an order of 0.5 lots will be opened on each of them.
- Equity Ratio: The total volume allocation in each order is determined by the total equity ratio of those accounts. In other words, the higher the equity an account has, the bigger the lot size that will be opened on that account.
- On Free Margin Ratio: This one is similar to the equity ratio model but slightly different because the total number of lots will be allocated between orders depending on the ratio between the free margins of each account. Therefore, the calculation is basically the same as the equity ratio but we use the free margin of each account as a reference.
Watch Out for the Limitations
Despite having many advantages, MetaTrader Multiterminal also has its limits that should be put into consideration, such as:
- It does not support the management of accounts from different trading servers, so you must make sure that the assigned trading account's server is reliable. Also, please note that Multiterminal is not available in all brokers, so you must carefully select brokers that support this platform.
- Price charts and analytical tools are not available because the platform was designed as a Multi-Account Manager, which means that it focuses on creating an effective environment for traders to manage several accounts at once. Hence, it ignores other features like trading analysis and price quotes.
- Limitations also exist regarding account types. For example, you cannot trade EUR/USD for a cent account and EUR/USD for a standard account at the same time in Multiterminal. In this case, you need to check the suffix of the various instruments you wish to add to ensure there's no variation that may cancel out your orders.
How to Use MetaTrader Multiterminal
MetaTrader Multiterminal is usually offered by brokers who provide the standard MetaTrader 4 as their main trading platform. Even so, not all brokers provide access to the Multiterminal. To check whether the broker supports Multiterminal or not, you can check the broker's official website and browse through the "Platform" menu. Some examples of popular brokers that support MetaTrader Multiterminal are XM, FBS, and HotForex.
rated by 180 users
rated by 201 users
rated by 85 users
|Office(s)||Australia, Cyprus, Greece and Hungary||China, Egypt, Indonesia, Korea (Republic of), Malaysia and Thailand||Cyprus, Mauritius, Poland and United Arab Emirates|
|Regulation|| ASIC 443670 |
CNMV (Spain), 2010157773
CONSOB (Italy), 3046
FCA (UK), 538324
FSP (New Zealand), FSP235905
|ASIC, 426359 |
IFSC (Belize), IFSC/60/230/TS/12
|CySEC, 183/12 |
DFSA (Dubai), F004885
FCA (UK) 801701
FSA (Seychelles), 8419176-1
FSA (St. Vincent & the Grenadines), 22747
FSC (Mauritius), 094286
FSCA (South Africa), 46632
|Minimum Position||0.01 lot||0.01 lot||0.01 lot|
|Payment||CashU, Credit/debit cards, FasaPay, giropay, iDEAL, Moneta.Ru, Neteller, paysafecard, QIWI, Skrill, SOFORT, UnionPay, WebMoney, Western Union and Wire transfer||Credit/debit cards, FasaPay, Local bank transfer, Neteller, Perfect Money, Skrill, UnionPay and Wire transfer||Bitcoin, Credit/debit cards, Ethereum, FasaPay, Litecoin, Neteller, Perfect Money, Ripple, Skrill, WebMoney and Wire transfer|
|Official Website||Visit XM||Visit FBS||Visit HotForex|
|Forex Demo Account|
|US traders are welcome|
|Requires sending documents via postal mail|
|Overnight interest rates (swaps)|
|Trading by telephone|
|Interest rate on funds|
Trading Platforms and Complements
|Trading via API|
|One-Cancels-Other (OCO) orders|
|Gold & silver|
|Website Languages||Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish||Arabic, Bengali/Bangla, Burmese, Chinese, English, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laothian, Malay, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai, Turkish, Urdu, Vietnamese||Arabic, Bulgarian, Chinese, English, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Tagalog, Thai, Urdu, Vi|
|General Review||Read XM Review||Read FBS Review||Read HotForex Review|
|User Reviews|| |
P. RichardJul 21 2020
To ease your withdrawal process, make sure your trading account has been verified by XM. The verification process relates to your personal data agreement. Otherwise, any difficult withdrawal may be caused by an unverified trading account. For me, XM is good at all, including their deposit and withdrawal method. Good, XM!
NovrizalJul 21 2020
Trading at XM's Zero Account was pretty good. They give zero spread and low commission. I like it!
MartinJul 28 2020
I have a good experience with FBS. The withdrawal is super fast
A couple of days ago I placed pending order but I found it not executed correctly so it's a bit disappointing. Hope it doesn't happen again
t. morozovJul 28 2020
Honestly, it's been 1 year since I opened an account in FBS and I never face any significant problem. Once I got a deposit problem due to the bad quality of the proof of payment. They requested me to resend the picture and all was good after that. For me they have the best withdrawal and client support
Xavier AJul 22 2020
HotForex is great! Their service is good, the premium account spreads are better than other brokers, also their execution and server are stable from both web-trading and MT4. During 5 months of trading at HotForex, I have slipped a lot of times but it doesn't matter either, it can be an input for HotForex. Great!
MarianaJul 22 2020
Hotforex is great, not bad, though my trading is still on a demo account. I also like this broker because they've held some seminars in Indonesia. I joined them twice :)
Nice to see you, I'm from Indonesia.
|Open Real Account||Open XM Real Account||Open FBS Real Account||Open HotForex Real Account|
In order to get started, you would have to download the platform before logging in with your trading accounts. Keep in mind that this platform can only be installed on Windows OS. Once you download and install it on your device, you can follow the following steps:
- If it asks you to open a new account, click "Cancel".
- Open Tools > Options, and select the server assigned to your trading account from the "Server" dropdown menu. Then, click "OK" once you're done.
- Open File > New Account and input your trading account details.
- To add more trading accounts, repeat step 3. Make sure that the accounts are from the same server that you currently use.
The Bottom Line
As a complementary addition to the famous MetaTrader 4, the quality and functionality of the Multiterminal platform are without question. We can see that it offers many advantages and has a similar interface to the regular MetaTrader 4, making it very easy for traders to get acquainted with the features and usability.
Overall, the Multiterminal system is a great way to manage multiple accounts at once without using complicated software and separate servers or brokers' platforms. It is particularly useful for account managers and traders that use several accounts at the same time. For forex brokers, it can also be a great offer for traders, especially if they want to market themselves as managed account providers without having to build their own PAMM platforms.