IC Markets is more well-known among professional traders, while Vantage is the preferred choice for beginners.
Vantage and IC Markets are both holders of licenses from the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC). However, both offer differing capabilities for traders.
IC Markets is more well-known among professional traders, while Vantage is the preferred choice for beginners. Here is a brief comparison to help you choose the best broker for you.
IC Markets was established in 2007 in Sydney, Australia, and soon operated under licenses from the Australian Financial Services License (AFSL) and the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC). Other than that, IC Markets holds licenses from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to operate in the UK.
Vantage has been the epitome of a multi-license broker since its establishment in 2009. At the latest count, they possess four separate licenses from the ASIC, the UK FCA, the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority (CIMA), and the Vanuatu Financial Services Commission (VFSC).
Trading Account Types
IC Markets offers three no-nonsense account options: cTrader, Raw Spread, and Standard. All of them are available with a leverage ratio of up to 1:500 and can be opened with a minimum deposit of $200. Differences between account types lie in trading fees and platforms.
- cTrader account is suitable for day traders and scalpers, with spreads as low as 0.0 pips and a commission fee of $6.0 per lot per round turn. As the name suggests, traders will be able to trade using the highly sophisticated cTrader platform.
- Raw Spread account is incredibly popular in various countries, particularly among scalpers and EA users. Traders will be able to enjoy spreads as low as 0.0 pips and a commission fee of $7.0 per lot per round turn. It is connected to the Metatrader platform.
- Standard account is a good fit for discretionary traders, with no commission fees and spreads starting at 0.6 pips. It is also connected to the Metatrader platform.
Demo account and Islamic option are available for all three account types in IC Markets.
Vantage provides more diverse trading conditions through four types of accounts: Pro ECN, Raw ECN, STP, and Cent. All of them are available on Metatrader 4, Metatrader 5, and Vantage's own proprietary platform. Other terms are heterogeneous.
- Cent account is the best option for beginners, with a minimum deposit as low as $50. Spreads start at 0.0 pips, and commission varies between $0-$6.00 per lot per round turn.
- STP account is an excellent way to step up your game. With a minimum deposit of $200, traders will be able to trade free of commission fees. Variable spreads start at 1.0 pips.
- Raw ECN is cut out for scalping and autotrading. Spreads and commissions are similar to the Cent account, but Raw ECN has a broader range of asset choices.
- Pro ECN is a good option for you if you are ready to invest at least $10,000. There are various advantages, including raw spreads starting at 0.0 pips, one of the lowest commission fees in the industry ($3.00 per lot per round turn), and invitations to VIP events.
Vantage provides swap-free (Islamic) option only in Standard STP and Raw ECN accounts. However, there are free practice accounts for all clients.
Range of Markets
IC Markets facilitates trading on 2000+ assets, including:
- More than 60 pairs of forex
- Over 22 CFDs on Commodities
- 25 indices from all around the world
- 9 sovereign bonds from the United States, Japan, and Europe
- A continuously growing number of cryptocurrency CFDs
- +2100 large-cap Stocks CFDs across the ASX, NYSE, and NASDAQ
- Popular Futures CFDs, including ICE Dollar Index and CBOE VIX Index
Vantage opens access to fewer markets because the company does not facilitate CFD trading in ETFs, Bonds, and Futures. Still, Vantage's offers should satisfy most traders, with around 400 assets in forex, stocks, cryptocurrencies, commodities, and indices.
IC Markets provides three popular online trading terminals: Metatrader4, Metatrader5, and cTrader. All of them offer a full range of trading tools commonly used by traders across the world, including technical indicators, trade notifications, as well as Expert Advisor, and cBot for autotrading. Metatrader4 is a great entry point for beginners, while Metatrader5 and cTrader can also display Depth of Market most sought after by proficient traders. All of them are available on web, desktop, and mobile platforms.
Vantage also provides the famous duo Metatrader4 and Metatrader5 along with all the pomp they bring. In addition, Vantage introduces three other types of proprietary platforms to address specific needs:
- Vantage App, available on PlayStore and AppStore for high-mobility traders
- Vantage ProTrader (through cooperation with TradingView), specially designed for experienced traders who seek higher precision quotes and charts.
- Vantage Copy Trading, to better connect professional traders and those who seek to replicate their trades.
Deposit and Withdrawals
IC Markets and Vantage are fiercely competitive in matters of deposit and withdrawal. Both allow fund payment through bank transfer/wire, credit/debit card, or electronic wallet. They are also equally committed to processing all payments immediately.
So, which broker would you choose between Vantage and IC Markets? Your choice may decide your future, so make sure to choose carefully!
|💼Regulation||ASIC, FCA, CySEC, SCB||ASIC, VFSC, CIMA and FCA|
|📂Trading Account Types||cTrader, Raw Spread, Standard||Cent, STP, Raw ECN, Pro ECN|
|🔢Minimum Spreads||0.0 pips (Raw Spread account)||0.0 pips (all except STP account)|
|🛒Range of Markets||2000+ assets||Around 400 assets|
|💻Trading Platforms||Metatrader4, Metatrader5, cTrader||Metatrader4, Metatrader5, Vantage App, Vantage ProTrader, Vantage Copy Trading|
|💳Deposits and Withdrawals||Bank transfer, credit/debit card, e-wallet||Bank transfer, credit/debit card, e-wallet|
It has been mentioned above that IC Markets may fit professional traders while Vantage is ideal for beginners. Give their respective demo accounts a try in order to guarantee their platform's suitability for your strategy.