If you're interested in trading on the MT4 or MT5 platform, this guide on FBS account signup can be a reference to start your journey.
FBS is a widely known broker that has been around since over a decade ago. The broker has served over 23 million clients in more than 150 countries and has partnered with at least 400,000 businesses. It has grown into one of the most trusted brokers in the market that is regulated by several top-tier financial authorities, such as the CySEC, ASIC, IFSC, and FSCA.
Many traders like to use FBS because of its favorable trading conditions. FBS offers more than 250 tradable instruments with considerably lower costs compared to other brokers in the market. Aside from that, FBS is known for its impressive customer service and user-friendly interface. FBS broker provides trading MT4 and MT5 among other reliable services.
Thankfully, opening an MT4/MT5 account on FBS is very simple to follow.
How to Open an FBS Account via Web/Mobile App
Opening an account at FBS is very simple. You can do it either from the web or FBS mobile app. The mobile app essentially offers the same features as the web version, so simply choose the most convenient option for you.
Follow the step-by-step guide below to get started:
1. Visit FBS' official website or open the FBS – Trading Broker application on your mobile phone.
2. Click "Open an Account" on the top right corner of the screen. You''l need to go through the registration process to get a personal area.
3. Enter your email address and full name. Make sure that the data is correct as it will be used for verification later on. Once you're done, click the "Register as Trader" button.
4. You will be given a temporary password generated by the system. It's highly suggested to change the password for further safety. Once you're done, click "Change".
5. A verification email will be sent to your email address. Simply open the email and click "I Confirm" to verify your email. To make the process smoother, open the link using the same browser as your personal area page.
6. Once the email verification is complete, you can now make your account. You can choose to open either a demo account or a live trading account. At FBS, there are several live account types that you can choose from, ranging from Cent to ECN account. You are free to the one that suits your preferences the most.
7. Depending on the account type, you might be able to choose the MetaTrader version, account currency, and leverage as well. Once you're finished, click "Open Account".
8. Congratulations! Now you are ready to trade the market with FBS. After the registration process is complete, you'll see your account information on the screen. Note that you'll need your account number, trading password, and a trading server for MetaTrader 4 or MetaTrader 5 to start trading.
9. Lastly, you can also take additional security settings to add an extra layer of protection to your account. For instance, you can set a PIN number to ensure that only you can open the app. However, this step is optional, so If you want to do it later, you can just click the "Skip" button on the top right corner.
Instant Account Opening
If you want an even easier process, you can use your existing social media accounts to open an FBS account.
How to Login via Facebook
1. Visit the broker's website or open the mobile app, and open the registration page.
2. Instead of manually entering your email address, you can just use your Facebook account, Google account, or Apple ID. For example, click on the Facebook icon at the bottom of the page.
3. A pop-up window will appear. Log in to your Facebook account.
4. After that, FBS will request access to your name, profile picture, and email address. Click "Continue".
5. You will be automatically directed to the FBS platform.
How to Login via Google
1. Click on the Google icon at the bottom of the page.
2. Enter your email address and phone number, then click "Next".
3. Enter your password, then click "Next" again.
4. Follow the rest of the instructions on your email address.
How to Login via Apple ID
1. Click on the Apple icon at the bottom of the page.
2. Enter your Apple ID and your password, then click "Next".
3. Follow the rest of the instructions from the service to your Apple ID.
How to Login to MetaTrader Platforms
In order to trade with MetaTrader, you need to install the platform on your device and log in with your FBS account. You can choose to use either MetaTrader 4 or MetaTrader 5. It's highly recommended to download the apps straight from the broker's website to make the process smoother.
Here are the steps that you should follow:
1. Open the app and click the " " button on the main page.
2. Click "Login to an Existing Account".
3. If you have downloaded the app from the FBS website, you will automatically see the "FBS Inc" option in the broker list. However, keep in mind that you still need to specify your account server. If you don't remember the server number, you can find it in the account settings by clicking your trading account number in the Personal Area via the web or application.
4. Input your account details, including your account number and password. After that, click "Login".
It is worth noting that it is impossible to change account types at FBS, so you can't switch between your MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 accounts easily. However, you are allowed to make up to 70 trading accounts within one Personal Area as long as your account is fully verified and the total deposit to all accounts exceeds $100. Thus, you can just open a new account type and use it to trade. If you still have some funds in the previous account, you can transfer them to the newly opened one via Internal Transfer.
Aside from the platform, a key aspect in choosing the best broker would be defined by its ability to support your strategy. If you're used to day trading, is FBS a good place to try? Read the discussion in Does FBS Support Day Trading?