Vantage is a popular broker suitable for both beginners and professionals. Here's how to open a new live trading account in Vantage.
The first step of becoming a true trader is to sign up with a broker and open a live trading account. While it may sound complicated at first, opening a live account today has never been easier as the registration process in most brokers is now fully online. Digital signatures, scanned documents, and electronic funding options mean that you can easily apply and get approved in just a matter of minutes. Once the account is ready, you can make a deposit and use the money to start trading.
There are many good, investor-friendly brokers out there. You can choose based on your needs, preference, and trading style. It's always a great idea to do early research before registering in a broker. Since you clicked on this article, there is a good chance that you've been eyeing Vantage Markets already and are planning to open a live account there. In that case, we'll provide everything you need to know about it in this article.
Introduction to Vantage
Vantage is a popular Australian-based broker that has been around since 2009. The broker offers various tradable instruments, including forex pairs, commodities, indices, share CFDs, and cryptocurrency CFDs. Although it was initially designed for Australian-based traders, the broker has now grown into a global platform that accepts clients from 172 countries worldwide. Vantage has also been authorized by multiple regulators, from ASIC of Australia to the VFSC of Vanuatu.
In a nutshell, Vantage has great services for almost any type of trader. The non-trading fees are relatively low as there are no deposit, withdrawal, or inactivity fees. The trading platforms are highly intuitive and the customer service is excellent. For beginners, Vantage offers plenty of educational materials in the form of a demo account, trading platform tutorials, educational videos, and live webinars. Apart from that, Vantage offers a good amount of trading tools and market analysis suitable for more experienced traders. You can find many useful tools such as the economic calendar, market buzz, analyst views, and many more.
Vantage Markets was founded in 2009 in Australia. It is the brand name of the Vantage International Group which is regulated by the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority (CIMA). Before it is known as Vantage Markets as today, they used to be MXT Global in 2009 and Vantage Markets Pty LTD in 2015. The Vantage Group also operates other companies such as Vantage Global Prime, which is regulated by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
According to the broker's website, Vantage Markets adds further protection to clients by segregating client funds and holding their funds with Australia's National Australia Bank (NAB). NAB is one of the 4 largest financial institutions in Australia as well as the Top 20 safest banks in the world. Thus, clients don't need to worry about saving their funds at Vantage Markets.
With Vantage Markets, traders will experience super-fast trade execution, as well as interbank grade and RAW ECN spreads. When combined, these elements offer clients a true institutional trading experience, across a wide range of trading instruments. They also offer services designed for both beginners and professionals with access to Forex ECN trading, as well as CFD trading on Indices, Commodities, and U.S & Hong Kong Shares. Those instruments are available to trade on MetaTrader 4, MetaTrader 5, MetaTrader WebTrader, CHARTS by TradingView, Mobile Apps, either for Mac, PC, iOS, or Android. There are also social trading platforms such as MyFXbook and Zulutrade.
By registering in Vantage Markets, traders will have access to an impressive range of educational materials and research tools including MT4 SmartTrader Tools, a wide variety of promotional trading offers and rebate programs, as well as access to accounts with up to 500:1 leverage. However, the leverage for ASIC and FCA clients is 30:1, and normally no promotion for AU and UK clients because of the compliance policy.
Vantage Markets provides research in the form of technical and fundamental analysis on its blog from in-house staff as well as guest writers. There is also an economic calendar powered by MQL5 from MetaQuotes. For clients who deposit at least $1,000, Vantage Markets offers a suite of plugins for MT4 branded as MT4 SmartTrader Tools, developed by FX Blue LLP.
As an authorized representative of Vantage Global Prime, the broker caters to retail traders under the Vantage Markets brand and offers access to the following instruments:
- 44 currency pairs, which are the most liquid global forex market currencies.
- 16 most liquid Indices from across the globe, including the S&P 500, DAX, FTSE, DJ30, and more.
- 16 commodities, either soft commodities or precious metals.
- 5 indices futures such as DJ30ft, DAX4ft, and NAS100ft.
- 600+ US, UK, and HK shares from large companies, such as Apple, Google, Coca-Cola, and big corporations listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
Clients can open accounts in Vantage Markets and deposit funds in 8 base currencies: USD, GBP, CAD, AUD, EUR, SGD, NZD, HKD, and JPY. They also provide clients with convenient deposit and withdrawal methods through local and international bank transfers, credit/debit cards, and e-payment.
Overall, Vantage Markets is valued to be proper for retail traders with small deposits who like the max leverage thresholds. In terms of pricing, the broker's commission-based Raw ECN account is the clear choice for cost-sensitive traders as it features a lower all-in cost compared to its Standard account offering.
Vantage Live Account Opening Requirements
Opening a live account in Vantage is quite an easy process. You simply need to fill out the registration form and provide the required documents. Remember that as a fully regulated broker, Vantage must comply with the regulation that requires all clients to provide certain documentation regarding their identity alongside the account opening application itself. In other words, full account verification is needed to activate your Vantage account.
Basically, you will be asked to upload a scanned copy of multiple documents. You can use your smartphone, digital camera, or scanner to get the requested copy. Make sure that all documents you provide are legit and issued by your local government.
Proof of Identity
In order to verify your identity in Vantage Markets, you'll need to provide one of the following documents:
For Australian Applicants
- Valid Passport
- Valid Driver's License
- Notarized Proof of Age Card
For International Applicants
- Valid Passport
- Notarized Driver's License
- Notarized National Identity Card
- Notarized Proof of Age Card
All notarized documents must be certified by a public notary, accountant, solicitor, lawyer, commissioner of oaths, justice of the peace, or other authorized professionals. Every page of the document must be stamped with the notary stamp, which shows the business name and address of the notary. The notary should also sign and date all copies, then print and sign their full name.
For international applicants, any Photo ID other than passports must be notarized. Make sure that the Photo ID shows your name, plus either your date of birth or full residential address. The notarized document must also contain a statement similar to "I certify that this copy is a true copy of the original document".
2. Proof of Address
In order to verify your address, you'll need to provide one of the following documents:
- Bank Statement
- Utility Bill (Gas, Electricity, Water, Phone)
- Tax Document issued by the Government
- Certificate of Citizenship
The scanned copy must be multicolor and clearly show your name, issue date, and your residential address. Keep in mind that PO Box address is not accepted. If you can't provide any of the requested documents, you may submit a secondary Photo ID that contains your address information such as a copy of your passport, driver's license, or national ID; whichever has not been used already for the Proof of Identity.
You can directly upload the documents via your Client Portal or send them via email to [email protected]. Document verification can take several minutes to one business day. If you haven't received any confirmation from the broker regarding the status of your application in a few days, you can contact customer service or send an email to [email protected].
Steps to Open an Account in Vantage
1. Visit the broker's official website and click "Start Now" or "Live Account" at the top right side.
2. Enter your first name, last name, country of residence, phone number, and email address. Then, choose your account type (individual or company) and click "Open Live Account".
3. You can now access the Client Portal and complete the application. If you are somehow logged out, simply go to your email inbox and find the email that contains your account credentials. Re-login to Vantage Markets using your account ID and password.
4. Fill in your personal information details. This includes your title, nationality, date and place of birth, identification type, and identification number. You can also enter a referral code if you have one. Click "Next" to proceed to the next step.
5. Enter your full address and answer the question regarding your US citizenship status.
6. Answer some questions regarding your employment status, financial situation, and trading experience. Make sure to answer truthfully and click "Next".
7. Specify your account details, including what trading platform you want to use, your preferred account type, and the base currency that you will be funding your account with. You can browse through the account types first to decide the best one for you. Also, note that Vantage allows you to open multiple accounts, so you can make new accounts with different specifications later.
Read and accept the terms and conditions, then click "Next".
8. Once you complete the application form, you will be asked to upload your verification documents which are divided into two categories: Proof of Identity and Proof of Address. Click "Upload" on the right side of each category and find the files you want to upload. Make sure that the documents are correct and valid, then click "Next". Your Vantage account will be verified within hours.
9. You're almost there! Now you just have to wait for the account verification. While your documents are being reviewed, you can see the funding methods available on the platform. Click "Funds" from the menu on the left side of the page and click "Deposit Funds". Choose the funding method of your choice.
10. Opt in for the deposit bonus by clicking the "Promotion" button from the menu, then click "Deposit Bonus". Tick the box to get the bonus and click "Save Changes".
11. You can also spend time to prepare the trading platform that you want to use in Vantage Markets. Click "Downloads" from the left-side menu.
12. Choose your favorite trading platform and install it on your device.
13. Once your documents are approved, you'll receive an email containing your account number and password.
14. Congratulations, your account is ready! You can now log in with your account credentials and start your trading journey by depositing some funds.
All in all, Vantage is a great broker that offers many excellent services. While there are several areas that can still be improved, Vantage is still highly recommended for both beginners and expert traders. As explained in this article, we can see that opening an account in Vantage is very easy and relatively quick. Everything is done online, so you can easily register from your PC or your mobile phone. If you are ready to sign up for Vantage today, simply submit an application through their website and enjoy the benefits of trading.
Vantage is a multi-asset broker with over 10 years of experience. Headquartered in Sydney, the award-winning broker operates in 172 countries with more than 1,000 employees in over 30 global offices. Some of their winning points include transparency and stong regulation, lightning fast trading execution, and raw ECN spread from 0.0.