Becoming an Exness client is very easy. Read this guide to find out how to open a new account in Exness, including the steps and what you need to prepare.
There are many popular forex brokers out there, but not all of them can suit your taste and fulfill your needs as a trader. Exness is one of the leading brokerage firms with offices in Seychelles, UK, and South Africa. With over 280,000 active clients worldwide and more than 10 years of experience, the broker holds its leading position in the industry. Currently, the broker offers over 100 pairs of forex, stocks, energy, metals, and CFDs on cryptocurrencies. Exness is also known for its high-quality services and favorable trading conditions, such as low trading fees, instant execution orders, and easy withdrawal of funds.
Exness offers various trading platforms, namely MT4, MT5, MultiTerminal, MT4 Web-Terminal, and Mobile Platforms. This allows you to easily access the market whenever you like. When it comes to funding your account, Exness also accepts a wide variety of payment methods, such as Visa and Mastercard, internal money transfers, and e-wallets. If you are interested to register in Exness, this guide will provide everything you need to know about the registration process and how to make a new Exness account.
How to Set Up Your Personal Area
The very first step in becoming an Exness user is to register a Personal Area on the broker's web or mobile app. This will allow you to be able to log in to the Exness app. The steps are as follows:
1. Visit Exness' official webpage and click on the "Open Account" button.
2. Select your country of residence. Keep in mind that this cannot be changed and will impact which payment systems are available for you.
3. Enter your email address and create a password for your Personal Area. The password must contain 8-15 characters, including numbers and lower and uppercase letters. If you have a partner code, there's an optional space to enter the code and link your account to the Exness partnership program. Don't forget to also tick the box below it to confirm that you are not a US citizen. Click "Continue".
4. You will be directed to the Exness Terminal. Click the icon on the top right corner to open a new tab for your Personal Area.
5. Congratulations, you have created a new Exness Personal Area. You can sign in to your Personal Area by using your email and password.
Via Mobile App
1. Download the Exness Trader app from the App Store or Google Play. If you can't download it from one of the stores, you can also download the app from the Exness homepage.
2. Once it's installed, launch the app and choose "Register".
3. Select the country where your mobile phone is registered, then click "Continue".
4. Enter your email address and tap "Continue.
5. Create a password for your Personal Area. The password must contain 8-15 characters, including numbers and lower and uppercase letters. Click "Continue".
6. Enter your phone number to register your Exness account. Make sure that the number is active in the ed country. Tap "Send me a code" to continue.
7. Enter the six-digit verification numbers sent to your mobile number via SMS and click "Continue".
8. Create a six-digit passcode to access your account quickly, and re-enter it to confirm.
9. Congratulations. You've set up your Personal Area on the Exness Trader app. You can sign in to your Personal Area by using your email and password. You can also check the account and login number to make sure that your data is correct.
How to Create a New Trading Account
By default, you will automatically create a real trading account and a demo trading account (both for MT5) when you register for your Personal Area. So, if you have created a Personal Area, you can immediately fund your account and start trading. However, it is also possible to open new trading accounts if you want.
Here are the steps that you should follow:
1. Log in to Exness and enter your Personal Area. Click on the "My Accounts" tab to see your current accounts. Then, click "Open New Accounts".
2. Select your preferred trading account type, and choose whether you want to open a real or demo account.
3. On the next page, you'll see the following settings:
- Another chance to a Real or Demo Account.
- An option between MT4 and MT5 trading platforms.
- Set your Maximum Leverage.
- Select your account currency. Note that this can't be changed once set.
- Create a nickname for this trading account.
- Create a password for your trading pass. The password must contain 8-15 characters, including numbers and lower and uppercase letters. Keep your password safe as you won't receive it via email.
4. Click "Create an Account" once you're satisfied with the account settings.
5. Congratulations. You have opened a new trading account. Your new account will appear in the "My Accounts" tab.
Exness Full Account Verification
When you open an Exness account, you have to complete the full verification process in order to enjoy unlimited access to all Exness services. This is a part of the protection measure to optimize clients' safety and financial transactions.
From the day of your first deposit, you are given a time limit of 30 days to complete your verification process. You can check the remaining days for verification in your Personal Area. If you are failed to fulfill the requirements within the 30-day limit, all of your deposits, transfers, and trading functions will be temporarily deactivated until you complete the verification process.
In Exness, the full verification process requires you to complete an Economic Profile and submit Proof of Identity (POI) as well as Proof of Residence documents. The Economic Profile is basically a survey containing several questions regarding your trading experience. Meanwhile, the POI and POR require you to prepare certain documents issued by the authority in your country.
Before submitting, please make sure that the documents meet all of the following criteria or they may be rejected:
- The document must show your full name.
- The document must show your photo.
- The document must show your date of birth.
- You must be 18 years old or above.
- Your full name must match the document exactly.
- The document must be valid and not expired (at least one month of validity).
- If the document is two-sided, you should upload both sides of the document.
- Make sure that all four edges of the document are shown.
- Make sure to upload high-quality pictures.
- The document must be officially issued by the government or legitimate authority.
- The document can be a photo, scan, or photocopy.
- Accepted document formats are jpg, jpeg, mp4, mov, webm, m4v, png, bmp, and pdf.
- The document's file size must be under 64 MB.
Proof of Identity
Documents that can be submitted as Proof of Identity including:
- International Passport
- National Identity Card/Document
- Driver's License
- Permanent Residence Card
Proof of Residence
To provide Proof of Residence, you can prepare:
- Utility Bill (electricity, water, gas, internet, landline telephone)
- Recent Bank Statement
- Local Tax Bill
- Reference Letter from the Bank (located in your area)
Please note that you can use any document type listed in the POI section too as long as they have not been used for POI verification.
How to Fully Verify Your Account
1. Log in to your Personal Area on Exness website. Click the "Become a Real Trader" button located in the top right corner.
2. Click "Send me a code" to verify your email address. Enter the code sent to your email, then click "Continue".
3. Enter your phone number and choose whether you want to get the code from Exness via SMS or call. Click "Send me a code". Enter the code sent to your phone, then click "Continue".
4. Complete the personal information with your details. This includes your first name, last name, gender, date of birth, and address. After that, click "Continue".
5. You'll see a message from Exness confirming your email, phone number, and personal information. Click "Continue Verification" to proceed to the next step.
6. Complete the Economic Profile. This survey is regarding your trading experience required to lift deposit and trading limitations. Click "Continue" once you're done.
7. The last step is to submit your verification documents to Exness. But before that, confirm your legal name first. Make sure that your name is exact and consistent across all documents and payment methods associated in the future. Click "Upload Documents" to continue.
8. On the next page, submit your Proof of Identity document. Select your country and type of document. Click "Upload the Document" and find the digital copy to attach. Click "Submit Document" once it's attached.
9. Lastly, submit your Proof of Residence to Exness. Read the requirements closely and click "Upload the Document" to find the digital copy of your document. Once it's done, click "Submit Document".
10. At this point, your account status is still pending and not fully verified just yet. Your account status will become fully verified automatically once the broker's done reviewing your documents.
Limitations to Unverified Accounts
Certain limitations are placed on accounts that are not fully verified yet. The limitations depend on the information provided to and verified by Exness. Here are the details:
- Accounts with only a registered email address and/or personal information and mobile phone number completed will have a maximum deposit total of 2,000 USD.
- Accounts with a registered email address and/or personal information, mobile phone number, Economic Profile, and Proof of Identity completed will have a maximum deposit total of 50,000 USD.
- Deposits via cryptocurrency and bank cards are not available in unverified accounts.
The process of opening a new Exness Account is easy and relatively quick. You can choose to register either via Exness' website or mobile app. Just follow the instructions and make sure that all of the information you provide is valid. Aside from that, make sure to also complete the full verification process by submitting the Economic Profile, Proof of Identity, and Proof of Residence. If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to contact the broker's excellent customer service either via email, live chat, or phone.
Exness is a forex and CFD brokerage that serves clients to trade across multiple markets with the most stable and reliable pricing in the industry. Their features include spreads as low as 0 pips and maximum leverage of 1:unlimited.